Autism Rights Group Highland (ARGH) and Autistic Mutual Aid Society Edinburgh (AMASE), with the support of the Scottish Government, ran a free two-day online conference on the 23rd and 24th of October to foster the development of the autistic community in Scotland and particularly to encourage the formation of more Autistic People’s Organisations (APOs). Most of the talks from this event are online.
The conference was about human rights, autistic empowerment and community. Learn about some of the background to this:
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- About Us, With Us:
how to include autistic people in decisions about autism
- On Autistic People’s Organisations
- APOs and Human Rights
- Autistic People’s Access to Mental Healthcare Report:
‘Too complicated to treat’?
- Barriers to healthcare for autistic adults:
Consequences & policy implications
- ‘I never realised everybody felt as happy as I do when I am around autistic people’ (Crompton et al, 2020)
- Inclusive Practices for Neurodevelopmental Research
- National Autistic Taskforce
An autistic-led independent guide to quality care for autistic people