This site was set up by Autistic Rights Group Highland (ARGH) and Autistic Mutual Aid Society Edinburgh (AMASE) with the support of the Scottish Government, to foster the development of the autistic community in Scotland and particularly to encourage the formation of more Autistic People’s Organisations (APOs).
The site is currently under development. You might like to visit the following sites that are relevant to Aut.Scot’s vision.
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- About Us, With Us:
how to include autistic people in decisions about autism
- On Autistic People’s Organisations
- Autistic People’s Access to Mental Healthcare Report:
‘Too complicated to treat’?
- Barriers to healthcare for autistic adults:
Consequences & policy implications
- ‘I never realised everybody felt as happy as I do when I am around autistic people’ (Crompton et al, 2020)
- National Autistic Taskforce
An autistic-led independent guide to quality care for autistic people